Friday 1 February 2008

Lights Out

Yesterday, the UK suffered from a brief (about 1 hour) of really horrendous weather. Gale force winds blew in from the arctic and tried to kill us all.

When we got home it was obvious that we had lost electricity at some point during the day as all the clocks were blinking except for the battery powered ones (obviously, doh!). And the computer needed rebooting. At least, that was my original assessment.

In fact our network card had been fried. Not entirely sure how that happens. Entirely sure that I don't care.

Marc was able to replace it last night and we are now back on line. So that's my excuse for no post yesterday. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

There is more bad weather predicted. Might miss a couple more. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Janell said...

Only one thing to say about that: Battan down the hatches! I'm afraid the gale force winds may have come from here. We had them on Tuesday, along with snow, and it was heading in your direction.

Anonymous said...

I think it was cuased by George Bush, Global Warming and Carl Rove!

:-)