Thursday 7 June 2007

Another Pizza

OK, so this mum just can't get it right....

Normally, Daddy drops Sebastian off at school no later than 8:10 am. He tends to be one of the first ones to arrive. Today, Daddy had an early appointment and I was working from home so I told Marc I would do the drop off. I was working and suddenly realised that it had gone 8:40. He is supposed to be at school by 8:50.

We jumped in the car and I drove like Katrina Mad Woman to the school. We arrived at 8:52. I congratulated myself on only being 2 minutes late.

I returned home. I looked in the diary to check what else the day held only to realise that Sebastian was supposed to be at school at 8:30 this morning. They had a field trip to Pizza Express to make pizzas. I had completely forgotten. And the one morning we were late was the one morning he needed to be early.

I feared the time I had to pick him up knowing that I had let him down and that he probably had missed the field trip.

He came out of the school, proudly carrying his pizza. I was so relieved. Thank god in heaven for Miss Griffin who walked him up to the restaurant after all the other children had already left.

Mental note to self: pay more attention!

1 comment:

Janell said...

This made me think of a CW song called "I Need a Wife." It was a woman singing and one of the lines was "I need a wife, I need another me in my life..." to keep track of where she was supposed to be, what she was supposed to be doing and when! Don't we all?