Saturday 24 February 2007

Class Mum

I am Sebastian's class mum at school and share the responsibility for his class with Sandy. The other Year 1 class has another class mum, Lucinda. We help out at PTA events and typically organise a couple of coffee mornings and evenings out during the term. It is nice to catch up with the mums and have a chat about what they are up to. They are a great group of girls and we always have a fab time when we get together.

The other night a few of us met up for dinner at a restaurant in Windsor, Thai Square. This little place is a bit deceptive from the outside. It looks really small with seating for about 12 people. Then you enter and go down these stairs. A "courtyard" of gold and terracotta opens up and there are loads of tables, usually all full. The food is equally surprising. When I normally go to Thai restaurants I get the standard Pad Thai Noodles. I've been some dodgy Thai restaurants and been disappointed whenever I stray from the standard.

This restaurant has one of those menus that you could read for hours and want to order everything. I got a starter of chicken wrapped in spinach leaves which were then fried to make crispy with a side of sweet chili dipping sauce. For a main I got "Weeping Tiger" which are thin slices of marinated beef grilled and served with a spicy BBQ sauce. The meat was so tender it melted in my mouth. I also got to try the dish that Joy ordered. Not sure what this was called but it was equally divine. We enjoyed several bottles of wine and some great conversation.

We've got a busy weekend ahead of us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a great time on Thursday too - thanks for organising it.....
Just checked the blog when I got home to see if you'd already posted on our so nearly win at the school quiz... can't waiit to read that one! Had another great evening, thanks
LOVE JOY